Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
THEY GROOM THE TRAILS TUES NIGHT AND WED. AS LONG AS THERE IS SNOW ELSEWHERE AROUND THE STATE THE TRAILS STAY PRETTY DECENT, BUT IF THERE IS NO SNOW AROUND THE STATE EVERYONE AND THE COUSINS GO THERE AND THE TRAILS ARE SHOT BY THE WEEKEND SO CHECK BEFORE YOU GO!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
THE ONLY ACCIDENTS I HAVE HEARD OF INVOLVE HIGH RATES OF SPEED THERE IS A LOT OF TRAFFIC UP THERE AND IS NO PLACE TO HAUL ASS TRAILS ARE USED BY CROSS COUNTRY SKIERS ALSO
ONE MISTAKE COULD BE BAD. I GOT SIDESWIPED 2 YEARS AGO AT ABOUT 50 MPH AND THE SOB KEPT GOING LUCKY IT ONLY BENT MY TRAILING ARM AND SCRATCHED SOME PAINT BUT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
WHAT A GROOMER? OR ANOTHER SLED AND HOW FAST? LOT OF CRAZY &%@$#!S RIDIN UP THERE

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I DON'T GO THAT FAR NORTH WE USUALLY START FROM REDFEILD
OR FROM A FREINDS FRUIT FARM IN MEXICO AND MAKE THE LOOP

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ITS FUN UP THERE WE DID A LOOP ONE DAY STARTED AT MONTAGUE WENT UP THROUGH CARTHRAGE TO STILL WATER AND A COUPLE OTHER TOWNS AND IT WAS A 152 MILE LOOP GOOD RIDE BUT GO A LITTLE TIRING

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
WE DID 225 ONE DAY THAT WAS WHEN I HAD MY LAST SLED AND THE SUSPENSION SUCKED AND I GOT THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF ME.
YOU EVER RIDE THE LITTLE JOHN ROAD TRAIL? WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BTW HAVE YOU READ MY REPLY TO YOUR CHAINCASE QUESTION?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YEAH BUT I REALLY DONT THINK ITS ANYTHING BECAUSE WHEN YOU GET OFF THE GAS OF A POLARIS IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BRAKES ARE ON AND THIS SLED HAS PHANHTOM BRAKES SO I DONT KNOW IF THATS WHAT MAKES IT A LITTLE LOUDER THEN THE 800 XC OR MY CHAIN MIGHT BE A TOUCH TO TIGHT BUT SO FAR EVERYONE THAT HAS RODE IT OR HEARD IT SAYED ITS OK BUT IM GOING TO DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING SINCE WE HAVE NO SNOW LEFT!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
TRACK COULD BE A TAD TOO TIGHT TOO HAD THAT HAPPEN ONMY OLD SLED

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
REAL SWEET, I JUST BOUGHT IT BACK IN SEPT AND HAVE NOT HAD MUCH SNOW YET GOT A COUPLE OF FEILDS CLOSE BY THAT I USE FOR MY TEST GROUNDS, I BACKED OFF AT 105 LAST WEEK I WAS RUNNING OUT OF ROOM NEED TO HIT THE TRAILS TO FINE TUNE EVERYTHING

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i had a 2002 800 xc and that ripped but i think my 700 has more low end then the 800 havent really got to test out the 700 yet ran her up to 90 95 in one of my buddies fields both are quick though

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a lot of people say they had there sleds up to 120 or so and most of that is crap because stock wise i know the 800 xc is only geared to do 107 and i was on a lake and my speedo was just under 110.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts