Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 01 ZRT 600 and I have a few questions. First, the track came studded and a few studs in a row ripped out leaved square holes in the track. I was thinking of trying to repair the track with some flexible urethane. Has anyone had any success with track repair? Second I have read that the skid on this sled is sort of dated and can be improved with that AD Bolvin kit, but I am wondering about the shocks and when they need to be replaced? This sled has 3000 miles on it. How do I tell when they are no good? Last, I have been toying with the idea of that Dial-A-Jet. I have found some reviews on it but I would be interested in hearing from someone who uses one and what their thoughts are on it. The reason I am interested in it is the claims of increased fuel mileage and not needing to change jets. Maybe I should see how this sled runs first before I make a major modification like that. Oh and is there any value in using the platinum or iridium plugs that are now available? Thoughts on any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
431 Posts
id go with the rear skid kit for sure. as for the iridium plugs, the are supposed to work great too. my engine builder for my race car told me to run them and i have not had any problems. he says there worth a couple horsepower on the dyno. I have not tried them in my sled yet though. no experience with the other stuff you mentioned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts