Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
97 Polaris XLT Limited
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I talked to the dude that owns it and the dude that bought it at the salvage auction.

The sled ran and drove. No suspension damage, or it's already been fixed, regardless the suspension is good. Then engine was running, the owner took it out to see how it rode, shut it off after running it a few times and it never started again. No spark. There are wires burned up that were laying on the exhaust. The recoil is NOT broke like I thought it was.

He figured the stator may have fried when the wires burned. He has another sled that has a new hood, belly pan and wire harness.

So basically I would have to replace the plastic and get the motor running.

The thing that bothers me is the crank seal that is pushed out against the clutch. Not sure why that would be like that. The sled has around 1500-2000 for mileage that's what the guy that bought it from Salvage said. I know him well so I can trust what he says.

Pictures are posted in the next post by me. What do you guys think. I will have probably 12 hours labor into helping the guy paint his truck and I can end up with this sled. Basically an even swap.

·
97 Polaris XLT Limited
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pictures of the wreck

Attachments

·
97 Polaris XLT Limited
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a couple of pics of the engine.

One is of that crank seal that is pushing out on the clutch side.

What do you guys think. I like working on projects and knowing the suspension is good I basically have cosmetic to work with and get the engine running.

I know both owners of the sled well and they both said it ran fantastic when they had it out testing it

Attachments

·
97 Polaris XLT Limited
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh it definalty needs some TLC, Oh I have some hills and good stuff at my place. I have always wanted a long track sled. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts