Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
drift raper
34 Posts
Hi there ,

Off the hop , I was rasied on sleds & haven't had one ( that worked well ) in a long time .
I live in rural Ontario & I have to admit ......I see sleds fly by my house & my heart races & I leep to the window . Ya , just like when i was 8 ( i'm 31 ) ...........

I was hell bent for leather that i wasen't gonna buy another sled after my old pogo vmax - I was hard on her & she was hard on me .

Sure enough the snow flies & ****** ! Last year a local fella had a 1996 polaris xlt ..........it had sat for years - hood was toast & nose cone & bumper were missing . Other than that , a complete sled - he was looking for 200 & i walked for $150 .

Pretty sweet deal - I brought er home & got er running before sundown ( dirty carbs & wiring scabed together ). So , my 96 xlt xtra 10 ( Francene ) was a go go buggy - I tried to make that thing pop ! Better to happen in the feild behind the hosue - i can get it with the tractor .
She died the first outting with the fellas , I put her away for the year & swore up & down I wasen't gonna fork with Francene this season .

Ya ........the snow flies & my ********* ! In short I pulled motor , did all rebuilds & tinkered with that thing for a long time & it is a god damn rocket ship . 600 xlt WOW , make traction & hold onto ur piss wiskers .

The Point : Well , I have a manual machine shop @ my finger tips & a limited budget . I was thinkin on converting that old 121 track to a 141 & rasing the front of the machine . Wider front end stance maybe . Skys kinda the limit ......

Is there track rails that i can modify ? Trackusa has a kit ...but for $750 ? I am sure i can do er for less .

Could really use some ideas gentlemen ..........

Cheers
Scott

·
Hank Scorpio
112 Posts
You could always find a junked chassis w/a decent tunnel and scab the tunnel in.:dunno:

·