Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I recently bought a 1996 Touring SLE 500 with the engine already disassembled. The crank broke.

So, I got a new crank, and I've re-assembled the block. Problem is, I noticed in the manual that there are some stand-off collars (spacers) that go on the studs on the bottom of the engine. I don't have them, the previous owner didn't include them.

I can pick some up at the hardware store, but I need to know how long they should be? Half inch, 3/4 (I'm totally guessing here).

I'm so close to getting it running and I'm missing these parts. I have to pick up some bolts too, but thats easy.

Thanks.

Ryan.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The engine for my 97 formula 500 deluxe is on my workbench, so I went and measured them and the spacers are exactly 1/4 ". The OEM part # is 503128100
try to lookup the part numbers for yours, and if the numbers match, you'll know it's 1/4. And as stangcruzin said, just use washers, that add up to as close to 1/4" as possible.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My part number is...

But I think I will just pick up some washers and see what I can come up with. 3/8 or a 1/4 inch is pretty close.

Its my sons birthday today so I wont be working on the sled today anyway. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys, this is better than a manual anyday!

Ryan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts