Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well right now in washington ist pouring down rain where my dad and i go snowmobiling, at the pass its 40 some degrees and last night they lost 6 inches of snow ( but before a few days ago just got like 3 feet)
my dad doesnt wanna go because he doesnt wanna get down-poured
My question to you is, would you go? is it worth it, i wanna ride but i dont wanna get drenched and its suppose to hit a high of 50 tomorrow possibly

·
Registered
588 Posts
I did it once, last ride of the season two years ago and it started to rain when we were about an hour from camp. I would never do it again and only rode that day to get back! You can't see, you get soaked, colder in the rain at 45 degrees than at 5 degrees.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
dont do it. had to ride 60mi in the rain.
really was terrible :thumbsdown:

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
It was 48 here today. We had to cancel the play day this weekend because of the rain. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount my outboard on the back of the 700... where there's a will, there's a way

Not being able to see sucks. I have done it, but I'm finally realizing that there will be better days to burn the fossil fuels. Took me long enough ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
sounds like some bad luck here in ct we got about 2 ft a couple days ago and had 8inches on the ground so theres plenty of powder to play in went out and had a blast hope your weather improves weve been waiting for the snow and finally have it :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
We've been having the opposite here in Saskachewan,Canada. -30 C some times with the wind chill, & average 2in. a day of snow. Makes it tuff sleding still in those kind of condtions. Buurrrr!

·
Registered
26,195 Posts
A few years ago at the Mi Ride, everyone cancled and we went ahead and rode! It was 15 deg and RAIN! It was tough but we're diehards!

·
Registered
30 Posts
all rain does is cause your sled problems. last year i went and my foam on the side of my 340 came off and melted on the exhaust pipe. im still scraping it off.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
for those non-pacific northwest sledders, for us in WA rain is a part of sledding. with the warm currents and air comming from hawaii, if we dont have a stronger cold front comming from the north (canada), then we'll get rain.

most people make the decision to just stay at home, but ill climb higher :laugh:

but, keep in mind, its a constant drizzle, not the midwest downpour most all of you are use to when you hear "rain".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts