Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
I feel sorry for you....my family only had 1 sled for 2 years, and it really isn't nearly as much fun sledding by yourself.

Maybe you could join a local snowmobile club or something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ben a club member sence 1975. Held many jobs. Old frends are all ill, young frends all work. Ben to other club meetings. It,s a real bummer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
IF YOU WERE IN VERMONT I WOULD GO WITH YOU! MY BOYFIEND HATES TO SNOWMOBILE, I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SLED WITH, SO IF YOU GET TO VERMONT LET ME KNOW! : )

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
your b/f hates snowmobiling, man what kind of guy is he. Snowmobiling owns, what you drive snogirl?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kenneth,

I live in Hartland, about maybe an hour away from Sheboygan, I don't know if we could do something this year, but next year we could do something for sure! You could meet my dad, and become good snowmobile partners, or friends :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
what did i ride

just sold my 03 polaris classic, looking to snow check an 05/ mxz in march.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
crazy yes!

i like to snowmobile with friends and people in my snowmobile club. it's a good time to do stuff on my own, it's all good! i have an insurance agency and we do hundreds of snowmobiles, most of the people go sledding without the other half, at least 85% of the time. sometimes i would like to have a fun partner to ride with and hang out with, but oh well. can't have everything. ;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
snogirl said:
... MY BOYFIEND HATES TO SNOWMOBILE, ...
That's supposed to be "My wife hates to snowmobile..."

No offense, but you need to get another boyfriend. Just take him for a ride, and "let" him fall off, out in the wilderness somewhere... :)

(only kidding... I don't want any lawsuits here!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I HAVE JUST NEVER MET A MATE THAT LIKES TO SNOWMOBILE UNFORTUNATELY. I HAVE TO JOIN CLUBS TO FIND PEOPLE TO GO WITH. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE SOME HELP ( VICE VERSA )WITH HOOKING UP MY TWO PLACE COVERED TRAILER LOADING UP BY MYSELF, BASIC MAINTENCE ADVICE, GOING TO RESTURANTS/ BARS ECT... WITH SOMEONE. I TRY TO DO IT ALL THE BEST I CAN SO PEOPLE I GO DON'T THINK I'M A WIMP. I'M AM GETTING THE HANG OF IT. MY DREAM WOULD BE TO GET A HUGE MOTOR HOME, RETIRE AT 35, HOOK UP THE SLEDS AND TRAVEL ALL OVER AND SNOWMOBILE. THEN I WOKE UP!:eek:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Snogirl,

You're one in a million! I've never met a guy who doesn't like to snowmobile, and very few girls who do. Spent last night running the powder, dumped on upstate NY, with my son. Couldn't have gotten my wife out in that if I paid her! The fields were so deep, the snow was flying over my windshield. I couldn't keep my headlight clear enough to see more than 50 feet in front of me. It was g-r-e-a-t! I didn't want to come in... but I didn't want to sleep on the couch either. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I GUESS WE CAN'T EVERYTHING. WE GOT A TEASER LAST NIGHT, 3 INCHES. ALTHOUGH I SOLD MY SLED AND SNOW CHECKED A NEW ONE SO I'M GLAD WE DID'NT GET DUMPED ON. SO I'LL BE READY FOR NEXT SEASON. I WAS ELECTED THE TREASURER OF OUR LOCAL SNOWMOBILE GROUP HERE, IT HELPED TO GET TO KNOW PEOPLE WHO ALSO ENJOYED THE SPORT, THE FOLKS ARE REAL NICE, FOR THE MOST PART THEY ARE NICE ABOUT INVITING ME WITH THEM. I AM FROM MICHIGAN SO THATS WHERE I STARTED SNOWMOBILING THEN I MOVED TO FLORIDA FOR 6 YEARS (YUCK!) AND FINALLY MOVED TO VERMONT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO I LOVE IT HERE. I GUESS I'M JUST HAPPY TO HAVE SNOW AGAIN!!!!! IN MY NEXT LIFE I WANT TO RACE SLEDS!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
snogirl said:
I ... THEN I MOVED TO FLORIDA FOR 6 YEARS (YUCK!) AND FINALLY MOVED TO VERMONT A YEAR AND A HALF ...
Funny how that works... It only took me 18 months to learn to hate Florida, load up the moving truck, and move back to upstate NY. I don't mind a vacation there, but living there really sucks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
not TOO far away. I live in Hinesburg aprox 1hr away:D . I'm glad we didnt get much. bought a new firecat and really dont wanna ride it until next year, but if it dumps opn us I'll be forced to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I JUST PUT MY TIME IN IN FLORIDA TO BUILD UP MY BUSINESS SO I COULD COME BACK UP NORTH. GOSH IT MADE ME DEPRESSED IN FLORIDA, I WAS LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER. THE FIRST 6 MONTHS WAS OK DUE TO THE UNIQUE CLIMATE AND THE VACATION FEEL. BUT NOW I KNOW WHY I LOVE NORTHERNERS (YANKEES) AND THE SEASONS. I HAD AN OFFICE LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLA. AND HAD HOCKEY AND SNOWMOBILE STUFF ON MY OFFICE WALLS TO REMIND ME OF WHAT I LOVE AND MISS. THE PEOPLE WHO CAME IN DID"NT HAVE A CLUE WHAT ANY OF THAT WAS. IT WAS SO HARD TO RELATE TO THE PEOPLE DOWN THERE. I WAS SO DESPERATE TO SNOWMOBILE I ASKED SOMEONE FROM THE EAST COAST OF FLA. IF THEY HAD SAND DRAGS WITH SLEDS AND THEY DO I GUESS. THAT WOULD OF BEEN COOL TO SEE.
THANKS FOR THE GREAT REPLYS!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts