Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently had to change my Brake Sensor on my Polaris Ultra 680 and bled the breaks. I have noticed that my caliper is stuck on my break rotor. Any tips on how I can solve this issue? I've tried to bleed the breaks twice and I am having the same results. I'm only 17 and trying to learn these things on my own however anyone who knows stuff about breaks any tips will be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If it is stuck then your only bet is to replace the caliper with a used one. Those calipers were on multiple models so finding one is pretty easy.

Also idk what year yours is but the link below click Polaris and then 1996-1998 service manual and it should help you as well in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is stuck then your only bet is to replace the caliper with a used one. Those calipers were on multiple models so finding one is pretty easy.

Also idk what year yours is but the link below click Polaris and then 1996-1998 service manual and it should help you as well in the future.

It's a 1996 Polaris Ultra. I've checked the owners manual to see if I could find anything in it but it doesn't show me anything about it. Is it possible to push the piston back into the caliper or could that cause internal damage? I've also noticed that pressure in my brake handle still builds up when pumping it even though I've blead the breaks quite well. Thanks for the entire dropbox of owners manuals as well!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nope in the old days you could rebuild them but you are going to have to buy a used one that works. I've had to do it as well on older models like that not much you can do other then that option. And it isn't my stuff I just happened to find it one day, downloaded all of them and as long as that link is up there I will keep sending people to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope in the old days you could rebuild them but you are going to have to buy a used one that works. I've had to do it as well on older models like that not much you can do other then that option. And it isn't my stuff I just happened to find it one day, downloaded all of them and as long as that link is up there I will keep sending people to it.
Alright thanks for the help!

·
Registered
811 Posts
You should be able to push piston back into caliper. You'll need to do it slowly and possibly remove master cylinder cap and remove some of the fluid since you'll end up pushing fluid back that way. The major issue will be finding something that will not gouge your rotor. A piece of hard plastic like an ice scraper that has a really slow taper might work or a putty knife used very cautiously to begin to move the piston back.
Too bad you're in Canada. I have several calipers and I would be happy to give you one but I'm not sure how to do the shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts