Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
got a 93 yamaha enticer 2 a few years ago and been having a problem with it bogging over 20 mph. Got the sled not running and it looked like it was sitting for a number of years. the guy said it needed a choke plunger so ordered one and still not right. At first when I just got it going it would idle fine but not much power and the plugs where wet. After getting the manual I put everything back to spec. Here's what I did so far. New plugs, took apart and soaked the carb in parts cleaner, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, checked ohms on plug wires and coil, seems within range, all new bearings on idler wheels, new secondary clutch buttons, found one of the rollers on the primary broke and the weights sticking after running a bit so cleaned it as best I could and put in a new roller. The belt rides inside the secondary when idling and the spring is within spec. The primary makes a popping sound like the weights are needing some greese. The fuel line coming from the tank is not completely full. Sled starts and idles great and drives but if you put a load on it or go faster than 20 mph, it bogs. After cleaning the carb, the plugs have a nice tan color on the tip. The right plug has gotten dark on the porcelain tip while the other is still white.
Any ideas? Am I having a clutching issue, fuel related issue or is my coil, caps or wires on their way out. Both plugs have a nice blue spark when pulled over. I'm not new to snowmobiles as Having sleds back in the 90' s but never any of these problems.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,791 Posts
Welcome
What is the center to center on the clutches?
Your engine is likely pulled back a 1/4" or more!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kccats it looks like 10.5 inches, from the center of the bolt between the two clutches?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if there's a tag under the hood but in the manual it says Sheave distance: 267mm 270mm (10.5-10.6in).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I will move the motor back a 1/4 in. and see if that does it. I also haven't changed the belt or the secondary spring yet, I checked the thickness and it seems Ok but it looks old. Could that contribute to the problem?

·
Registered
25,791 Posts
If your belt is too loose yes all kinds of issues!
Take a carpenters square and go across the plugs to the back of the driven and just see how square it is?
If anything you want it to be just ahead of square so that under load it is square!
Also an old racer trick was to play with the thrush washer between the sheves of driven to make the belt so tight she would squeal!
That will give you the most shift from your clutches!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts