Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've heard if you replace the intake tube with one from a 2002 sno pro it makes a differance (bigger). What kit are you talking about for 70 bucks?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Do you plan on doing some under water riding? Do they offer a periscope kit with that too?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
firecats are fine the way they are....air from the outside, through the nose. get a clutch kit from speedwerx. or v force reeds. D&D pipe and silencer. anything from speedwerx or D&D is good

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
hes going to want more air flow if he starts doing stuff like reeds/pipes/etc though. D&D bullseyes work wonders, I can speak for them. I threw 4 in my sled and noticed a HUGE jump in power. According to MBRP the setup I have without the bullseyes I was gettin .5-1HP out of the silencer, with the bullseyes I'm supposed to be getting 6-8 from the silencer and D&D says an additional 2-3 from the increased air flow for combustion. Dunno specifically about those specs as far as truth, just going by what they told me, but i DID notice a HUGE difference in everything throughout the entire range of the sled.

·
Registered
431 Posts
the people i talk to say the sno pro intake tube works better then the bulls eyes because it pulls air from outside the engine compartment (cooler). :rolleyes:

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
it is the tube that is connected to the air inlet hose. the 2002 sno pro and the 2003 sno pro has the same piece.

part no.1670-315/02/03 sno pro/ 10.00

speedwerx also makes a billet air silencer like the sno pro one. they call it a high flow intake. its like 60.00

both will fit your sled

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the 02 snorkel fit the 05 airbox without any modifications. It loooks like the 02 is held by screws and the05 snaps in.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts