Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My motor seized and after pulling head and jugs i see a piston had been smashed up on the bottom.As well as some scaring on head.Can i just replace piston and rings? i have pulled my engine but was hoping to clean crank without having to split casing.Can this be done? And is there a solution for cleaning or could i use gas? Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
the condition of the cylinder will dictate what parts need replaced.

if you rinse the lower end with gas you will actually dry out the bearings. gas mixed with oil would be better followed by straight 2 cycle oil directly on the exposed portions of the crank. use a kitchen type turkey baster to remove the gas/oil wash mix from the bottom before adding the oil.

pictures of the piston, head and cylinder will help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics

Here are some pics.When i clean out crank and finish with 2 cycle should i use very little on crank? is it important to not have any extra on inside of casing? also do you suggest a carb clean? i have only cleaned old carbs and never injected so im a little intimidated.thanks for all your help. i read a post on a twin 600 that richie seemed to have similar problem and you gave him some good advice so i have been using that as a reference. thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts