Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last weekend half way through ride I noticed I was riding low to the ground---feels like my shock is spent & I'm only riding on springs!Any way to test S.S. or do you just think my shock bit the dust?

·
Registered
105 Posts
did you rebuild the shock after last season? i got rid of my smart ride suspension. my dealer also bought one with me and he started having a lot of problems with it. i am sure that alpha sports would have a replacement shock or maybe you can rebuild the old one.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I didnt rebuild shock---when you say you got rid of SS what did you do just put a regular shock on 'cause thats what Im thinking of doing??

·
Registered
105 Posts
got rid of the whole sled. in the owners manual it says that the shock needs to be rebuilt, i didn;t do it but my dealer made it sound like a big deal. they say that the shock moves up to 1000 times per second so i can see why it would wear out. i would think that you would be able to put a regular shock in and have no problems. call your dealer they would know

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your sled is riding low, I would also check your springs, as the shock really doesn't support the sleds weight, only dampens the ride.

I also had a problem with the SS rear skid shock on my 02 T-Cat. The aluminum casting cracked and I lost all the oil. FYI... The SS shocks can be rebuilt, and can also be re-valved if needed, at least that is what my dealer tells me. It's probably cheaper to rebuild than replace with a new standard shock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys---I put a regular shock on my sled---It was a bitch--had to drop the whole suspension--but it only costs $50

1 - 6 of 6 Posts