Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 ZL 600 efi ss. Ive heard some good things and bad things about the smart ride suspension. what do you guys think? Also do you think $4,300 was a good deal...it looks brand new and has 600 miles on it.

thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
My brother had a 02 600 EFI SS and I will say that the ride was outstanding. I cannot comment on the ditch banging but for general trail riding, I have yet to be on a better sled.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The smart ride is a wonderful trail sled.. It's hard to bet it for ride. but if you like ditch banging she's not the sled for you...go to a ZR/firecat.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
ZL series sleds are made for being trail sleds, no intention of being ditch bangers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same exact sled---cant beat the SS ride but my rear shock failed after 1500 miles--I put a regular shock on it and the ride stinks compared to how it used to be---I talked to a local dealer he said you can rebuild for around $50 which isnt bad but the inconvience of it all stinks--I guess its worth it though for the smooth ride you get---Im having mine rebuilt now and will go back to stock shock----also price doesnt sound bad nice low miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts