Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

just wondering. my old 89 440 lc pantera seems to be slow from start.. i don't get power until 5000 rpm, then it sarts to pull ok..
the primary clutch engages at 3500 and @ WOT i got 7600 rpm

but it seems to be slow get moving at first..anybody got an idea? or maybe they were like that originally? dont get me wrong, it starts moving when i floor it but seems to be slow to get the power surge..the first 2 feet it hardly make the track spin at 5 feet its spinning alot though..

just dunno if it's the clutch,the carbs or is it normal like..i know they weren't bombs but still

fr0st

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
might be the clutches im not sure.. but check your belt maybe it needs a new one:confused:

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the belt is brand new... and i've discovered that my exaust has a "gling gling" when i shake so i cut it open and there was a piece in it thats was loose..this piece doesn' seem o have a purpose.. it's cylindrical shaped nd has holes in it and was hanging from the top ..just over the exaust tip..anyways it was loose and at times i could feel the sled having less power but when i hit a bump and unclogs and then everything is good.

anyways i got it out and rewelded the exaust.. gonna try it tomorrow.

as for the the clutch and carbs and cluctch i dont know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts