Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2004 F7 EFI Sno-Pro
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 F7 EFI Sno Pro and it won't go any faster than 83mph i don't know whats wrong anyone have any ideas?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
To state the obvious here, if you still have warranty, take it to your dealer BEFORE it runs out, not two days after, etc.

is it new this year? or was it used last year?

·
Registered
329 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
To state the obvious here, if you still have warranty, take it to your dealer BEFORE it runs out, not two days after, etc.

I agree 100% Get that F7 into your dealer as soon as possible. That sled should just be starting to "stretch it leg's" at 83 MPH. Could be a number of things; clutching, EFI. Lets us know.

·
2004 F7 EFI Sno-Pro
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put about 300 miles on it last year and about 200 so far this year

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
IS it still under warranty?

·
Registered
149 Posts
my freind has a 2003 f-7 efi sno pro and his sled tops out on a lake at 100 mph he does have the deep lug track. your sled should be running around what he is running because it is the sno pro and has different gearing and clutching. my other freind has a 2005 polaris 600 xcsp 50th anniversry and he was beating 2005 f-7's

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
An F7 still should be going faster the 100, and a 600 shouldnt be beating it!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Snow Freak said:
An F7 still should be going faster the 100, and a 600 shouldnt be beating it!!
Yeah, I agree. That F7 is one of the quickest sleds out there. That 600 shouldn't come anywhere near that F7. Take it to the dealer and have them go over it (after you tell them what is wrong with it).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with d&d sounds like an apv issue, But my best advice is buy a polaris and you wont have that problem. LOL:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
shepy04 said:
my other freind has a 2005 polaris 600 xcsp 50th anniversry and he was beating 2005 f-7's

I dont talk Sh*t to much but there ain't no 600 keeping up with any f7. take it to the dealer

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an F5 that couldn't get above 65 when new. Everyone thought it was APV or plugged carbs. I finally brought it into the dealer and it ended up being a loose exhaust sensor. They fixed it and now runs great.

·
Registered
170 Posts
bmc2b said:
I have an F5 that couldn't get above 65 when new. Everyone thought it was APV or plugged carbs. I finally brought it into the dealer and it ended up being a loose exhaust sensor. They fixed it and now runs great.
The F7 doesn't have the exhaust sensor you speak of on the F5.

What RPM's is the sled turning at WOT ?? What was the snow conditions at the time you made your run?

·
2004 F7 EFI Sno-Pro
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just got my sled back the pipe ended up cracking right in half it must have had a crack in it then my heat shield cracked through and i took it off and my pipe was almost cracked right in half got a new one under warrenty and got my ecu reprogammed i havent had it out yet i just got home minutes ago so ill test it out tommmorow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts