Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arctic Cat 580 EFI that won't start after running for an hour or so. I have no problems starting it when I take off sledding for the day. However, after it heats up and I turn the sled off, I have to wait until it cools down before it will start. Weird thing is that I have gas in the cylinders, spark at the plugs and it won't fire after getting warmed up.

Anyone heard any similar stories or have ideas on fix?

If you have spark and you have gas, it should fire shouldn't it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
As holeshot King said I would check you engine compression. Check compression when the sled is cold. Then warm it up and check it again. You should have minimal differences. Also your compression should not vary any nore than 10 percent between cylinders. On the 580EFI engine you should have between 125-150psi.

If your compression checks out, remove you exhaust and inspect your skirts. You could have scuffing below the rings which would still show good compression.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, that's exactly what has been happening to me. I went on a long trip with the machine and it ran fine. Came back, forgot something and tried starting the machine to get it. It wouldn't start. I loaded it on the trailer and drove home about 1.5 hours. It started. Ran it for 45 minutes, stopped and the same thing. Once the machine is cold it starts. Did you ever get the problem resolved?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts