Snowmobile Forum banner

Sled Tunnel Damage

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BC_Dan 
#1 ·
The dealer close to my house damaged the underneath of the tunnell by using a forklift to take the sled on and off the trailer. Forks had padding but still dented and removed paint. Can these dents be corrected or will they never look the same again? The dealer has agreed to touch up the paint but can they do anything about the dents? Or should I be satisfied with them just touching up the spots where the paint was removed?

#2 ·
more than likely an aluminum tunnel, you will never get it back to showroom straight. From there its really your call, can you live with it as is?

#3 ·
Realistically it is not that bad however it peeves me that a dealer would damage your sled. Especially considering I asked before they moved it if the sled would get damaged by the forklift. I am a perfectionist so if it can be corected I want it corrected. If I hit something or did the damage myself that is one thing but having someone else damage your property really makes me mad. I think they said they would touch up the paint so it wouldn't rust but do you think I should push them to try and correct the dents as well?

#11 ·
Dents in the tunnel compromise the strength of the tunnel. Cosmetics aside, depending on where the dent is, it certainly could compromise the safety of the sled. They build sleds to be as light as possible, which means when they are intact, they meet design criteria for strength. All bets are off when things get dented. JMHO, mind you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.