Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took sled out today (first time this season) ran at little rough at first so took it easy for a bit than i opened it up on a straigt away and seemed to be running fine for bout 1/4 mile than suddenly engine just stopped and made bad clunking sound. Thought for sure I blew the motor or something really bad by way it sounded. sat for a couple o minutes than started it and agian it ran fine actually ran beautifully, so opened it up again and was flying for bout 3/4 mile than again suddenly motor just stopped with that awful sound again.
no sputter or sluggishness, just plain sudden stall. Again started back up and seemed fine but at that point I didn't open it up at all, just ran it home with no problems at all.

anybody have any ideas on what it might be?

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
sounds like it could be a fuel line somewhere.. maybe the inlet inside the tank rotted. Did it sit all summer with gas in the tank?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, how would I diagnose either of those problems. I am sort of new to this, I'm mechanical enough to understand the basics but I am definetly no gearhead so please keep answers simple if you can. I am VERY appreciative of any help I can get, Thanks

yes there was a little gas left in tank over summer (previous summer I drained it and water/moister got into all my lines and froze b4 the first time I used it that winter soooo this year I left fuel in) what is the proper thing to do?

No I did not clean out carbs b4 using (how do you go about that...does that invovle taking them apart or is it something simple)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts