Snowmobile Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Go with a 440 I just picked up a 02 polaris pro x 440 2450 miles for 1425. Very fun sled quick too. Top speed about 90 gets there quick. I have 17 too!!

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Hmm 90mph on a 440 fan? Dont know about that but ya never know. I guess it all depends on how experienced he is and how safely he can drive.

·
Chitown Rider
812 Posts
hmm 90mph on a 440? show me because my 488cc can't top 90 downhill on a plowed road

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're looking to get a sled for our 17 year old (he's helping to pay for it). My wife wants to stick to a 340cc (or smaller) as she is concerned that larger means faster therefore easier to crash.

I don't think size matters as you can crash any sled if you aren't careful. My concern is a 340cc sled might not be large enough for him on hills, etc. He weighs 128 pounds if that matters.

He will be doing mostly trail riding in NH. Some of the hills around us are fairly steep.

What thoughts can anyone provide us?
We're looking to get a sled for our 17 year old (he's helping to pay for it). My wife wants to stick to a 340cc (or smaller) as she is concerned that larger means faster therefore easier to crash.

I don't think size matters as you can crash any sled if you aren't careful. My concern is a 340cc sled might not be large enough for him on hills, etc. He weighs 128 pounds if that matters.

He will be doing mostly trail riding in NH. Some of the hills around us are fairly steep.

What thoughts can anyone provide us?
[/QUOTE
For a 17 year old, a 340cc i would say is too small my daughter is 120 pounds, 5 foot 10 and 15 years of age and rides a 550 indy fan cooled and loves it and is going to hand it down to her 13 year old brother and shes going to get anywhere from a 600 to 800, a sled is dangerous anyway you put it.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
?? Are you trying to say you're now also looking for a sled? This thread is 10 years old, the OP daughter is now 27.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts