Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it started, my sled (Yamaha Phazer) would run until it got good and warm, about two miles. Then it would lose one cylinder. Shortly after that, it would quit.
I changed the fuel pump, fuel lines, new vacuum line from crankcase. It started, ran about ten minutes, and quit.
I pulled the plugs and they were wet. I changed the plugs and it ran a few seconds.
This morning I put new plugs in it and it wouldn't even fire. I removed the balance tube between the carbs and added a little ether. It ran until the ether ran out. the plugs look dry.It's not getting gas, but I can't figure out why.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am sure you checked this, but make sure all the lines are clear and clean. The air tube from the tank is open. Sometime that can get stuck with gunk and then there is no air in the fuel tank and thus, not fuel to the carbs.take the carbs off and clean em good, put clean, no ethanol gass in it. and go fromt there if that dont work, it may be electrical as well. other than that, it may be mechanic time.:(

dano

1 - 2 of 2 Posts