Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out for a little ride with 93 ext 580 hit a couple of drifts and the thing just died. whent to pull it over and and it is hardet than heck to pull some much that i cant start it there were no nasty noises when she died just quit any ideas anyone

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have spark and its carbed. when i pull the rip cord its real hard to turn it over if i spin the clutch by hand i can turn the motor so i dont think i seized it i am thinking it could be in the starter recoil any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i still have good compression spark and gas when i pull the starter cord its really hard she sound like she wants to go but i cant pull it hard enough do you think something could be wrong in the starter coil

·
Registered
121 Posts
North, hate to say it but it sounds more like a lower crank bearing to me. The sled will still turn by the clutch ok but real hard by the recoil. How many miles on the sled? Try the recoil first but i'm thinking it's deeper than that. Also if it seemed to drop off power before it quit the latter is the problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is about 5 to 700 miles on a rebuild thats whast the guy i bought it from said everything was running goodjust hit a drift and was going down in the ditch and she just died

1 - 7 of 7 Posts