Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rode my new sled for the first time yesterday and it melted a hole in the piston. I didnt know if the cylinder has been bored out or not. Does anyone know what the stock piston size is on a 2000 z440 sno pro? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the z440 fan. From what I understand the only difference between the z440 and the z440 sno pro is the suspension. I found a nice set of wiseco pistons for 150$ on eBay. It's just tough to find them in an oversized bore.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Before you fix it you need to find what caused it to burn a hole in the piston or you will be fixing it again.
Wiseco pistons react to heat differently than other pistons specifically during engine warm up. Ive been told that if you dont let the engine get up to operating temp. before riding you can cold sieze the motor. Perhaps the experts can offer opinions and facts on Wiseco pistons?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
yes if u dont let her warm fully up before take off u will cold seize with wisecos. as long as u can handle that theyre as good as bullet proof

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.