Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this 1995 XLT 600 special with an X-tra-12 suspension, and 3500 miles by my house for sale. It is in great shape, no tears on the seat, no dents, or broken stuff and the track suspension, shocks seem nice. I have not heard it run yet, but if I got it I would bore it .020 and throw Wisecos in it anyway.

The guy want's $1200.00 for it. Does this seem as good as I think it does? I may just get it for a back up sled to have at the house.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got back from buying it. It is actually nicer than I thought. It runs perfect and is nice and quiet with no piston or engine noise. There is not even a scratch on the belly pan, the track is nice with studs and the shocks were done last year. The owner is a real mellow guy with kids. He even threw in a set of floor dollys, a cover, a rear stand and a set of PSI pipes that he never installed. I'll post some pictures later. I'm going to flip the track around and throw drive bearings in it since I have some on the shelf. I don't even think I'm going to put the pipes on till I bore it and and put some Wisecos in it. From the way it runs I'm just gonna leave it for now. It's just a spare sled anyway. If I want to go fast, I'll jump on ol' Heinz 57, she makes about 145 hp.:)

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Run it for the season, then take it apart in a few months. Good summer project. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it right now. Enjoy the season while you can. Sounds like you got a great deal!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, she handles great.

I had it out yesterday and put 80 miles on it. It runs perfect. I pulled the suspension today and am putting slides in. There was 15's instead of style 18's in it. The 18's are wider. I am also putting SLP ultralight skis on it and a Purple Z-bulb 90/100 headlite and purple tunnel protectors. Really, though, there were NO problems. I'm real happy with it. I even had it up to a bit over 80 on the speedo too. There wasn't a lot left, but it goes good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts