Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel my 99 mxz 600 stock sled should have out run that 95 formula 500 sled. My sled only has 1200 miles and his has over 5000. I probably out weight him by 10-15lbs. but....... I also just added new belt. I had the trottle wide open would the sled preform better if it was not at full throttle. What do I need to do? Confused? Please help this very embarssing experiance!!!
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Maybe it was a 500, with a pipe, or some nitrous:p , because a pipe can add on about 25 more horspower, so ur sled must have about 100 hp, and that sled would start with 80 then the pipe would be 105

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
what would really funny is if that 500 was a fan:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
i know 3 guys who run poolaris 500's with 800's under the hood, still cant come close to touching me though...

what the stickers on the hood say are just for insurance purposes!!! ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT SAYS ON THE HOOD WHEN INSURANCE COMPANIES CHECK V.I.N. NUMBERS FOR ENGINE DISPLACEMENT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea he might have had a pipe and silencer on it and they can add some good hp. I would also like to say hi to everyone becuase im new to the forum.:cool: Its a awsome site. later

Keith

·
Registered
427 Posts
I believe that the 95 500cc was rated at about 95 hp. If the guy has 5000 miles on it he has had time to tweak it to perfection. Back in 95 or 96 I watched a guy on a well tuned stock formula 500 beat everything in the 500 and 600 class at the local drags. At least until he started running into tripple piped Cats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guarantee you that it is not a 500 stock considering the fact of how much room is under the hood of those 95 formulas! Just wondering, exactly how fast were you two going? or how fast wree you going when he passed you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was probably going about 70 mph when he passed me. I would have to agree with you his sled is not stock, maybe even a larger motor. He would be just the type of guy that would do that. Although, he did say it was stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ya, u should have great accelration, better than his, and also at 70 mph you should have still been accelerating quickly, lol hes not gonna tell you if its not stock cause he doesnt want you to know that it isnt lol, hes just enjoying pissing you off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He called lastnight and wanted help with his transmition for his truck. We got talking about our race(since thats all we can do is talk no snow) I asked him how much horsepower his 500 formula was producing and he chuckled. I said lets open that hood and take a look. Clearly not stock, there were no rave valves on it, the holes were there but no black caps or anything just holes. He said he can't keep paint on the head(with another laugh)he said "its running alittle hot ha ha" I also noticed a new gasket. He said with a laugh "oh that's not a new gasket" So without a doubt its not stock, he really would'nt tell me what he done, and I'm not real machinically inclinde enough to know. Must be getting more air with the holes where the reed valves are supposed to be. Not sure if the motor is larger or maybe a bore job. The motor seemed to rev like a dirt bike(rpms up and down fast), my stock mzx 600 revs up fast but slow to lose rpms. Any quesses what he might have done? He also says he could take a buddy of mine on his foumula 700 triple. Thanks to everybody that has responded to this thread!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts