Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you probably don't know my setup so I will tell you that first. It's a ZR600 EFI With AAEN twinn pipes, D&D Trial Chip, and Boysen Raceing reeds with a manually ajustable fuel pressure regulator. I just got back from my weekend sled trip and found that although the engine ran very well I have a bad bogging between 5000 and 7000 rpm. So bad that I have to feather the throtle to get it past that rpm range. I can't seen to tune it out. What could it be?

·
Registered
96 Posts
APV check your power valve ports, make sure they are clean and not clogged. They open I think around that rpm, but not sure on what RPM exactly. I posted a thread asking what rpm they open but nobody replied yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have powervalves on this sled. Someone said the stator is bad. have you heard that before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
samething

I posted yesterday about a similair problem that I am having with my 580. Once it gets above 6000, but from 4800 til 6000 it just isn't right. I have pipes, chip and clutch kit also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like you have the same problem. I have to start swaping out some of the performance parts to see witch one is causeing the problem. I think. I don't know. I was hopeing some one would have an answer on this forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have already unplugged my kill switch it was the problem of an earlyer bogg. But now I think I will replace the throttle position sensor to see if that is it. Would it make a difference in the middle of the power rang like that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts