Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sled is a Skidoo Summit Sport 600 carb 2019, just got it a few weeks ago and has about 100km on it now. Sled went weird when i was going across ice and now it sounds the total opposite of what its supposed to sound like.

Problems:
Wont go above 6000 rpm or 60 kmh
Engine sounds weird
Backfires
when going idle, the dash starts goes on and off constantly
when going idle, the lights start to dim alot

Plz help!

and its drinks alot of oil.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it is still under warranty, I would take it into the dealer.

I have a 18 Summit Sport Carb and it drinks oil too. It will use half a tank of oil in 100 miles. It is just the nature of this motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sled is a Skidoo Summit Sport 600 carb 2019, just got it a few weeks ago and has about 100km on it now. Sled went weird when i was going across ice and now it sounds the total opposite of what its supposed to sound like.

Problems:
Wont go above 6000 rpm or 60 kmh
Engine sounds weird
Backfires
when going idle, the dash starts goes on and off constantly
when going idle, the lights start to dim alot

Plz help!

and its drinks alot of oil.
voltage regulator,and check external coil,last thing if all else then get a puller and replace stator

·
Registered
967 Posts
Do what snowmoer said find out if it is still under warranty before going and replacing parts that cost hundreds of dollars. If not under warranty I would still at least get them to test it the electrical parts, if anything doesn't that have a computer for them to hook up a tester to it snowmower? Thought that those new Ski-Doos had a hook up for it. If you bought it from the dealer they should be willing to work with you since it is so new and the fact you just bought it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Coolhand,

Yes, this sled even though it has carbs, has a computer to hook up to. It is just not as complex of a computer as the Etec motor computers.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Kinda figured as much. I knew those E-Tec engines had a weird setup from a sled that my old friend in Illinois had. He worked as the service manager at the dealer so not like he paid for any work. But he also has to travel up here somewhere to ride so there is a trade off with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts