Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok! iam looking to buy a new sled and iam wondering if this is a good deal. 1997 skidoo formula III 600. they want $2000.
or what about a 1998 skidoo mxz 440 for $2200. or a 1996 skidoo rotax 670 for $2000

Are any of these sleds fast ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
out of the three the 670 imo would be your best bet, 600 triples had crank bearing problems, and the 440 would need more tinkering than the 670. the 670 is pretty much bulletproof and reliable. hope this helps. good luck.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If i were u i wound save up for this year, then buy a new one next year. This way you will know everything about it, i never buy used because i've seen what people have done to their sleds.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The MXZ670 is a good sled. You should be able to tell by looking/listening to it if it's been pounded. If the underside is scratched/cracked, the hood is AFU, etc, you'll know it's been beat. How many pulls does it take to start? Is the wiring good, not cut up? Is the seat cracked/faded, is the sled rusty (if so, it's been left outside). These are things to check.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i never buy new sleds, i know what i am looking for and find late model low mileage sleds for a fraction of the price, but i also know the people i deal with and how the sleds were treated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your help guys! i cant buy a new sled next year because of my dirtbike payments and car payments and insurance for my car! thats why my money spending is low :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts