Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. First post here so forgive me if I do something wrong.

I have a '99 Grand Touring that uses a pair of 139mm idler wheels on the bottom and more at the front with the rail with 6205 (25x52x15mm) bearings. It's almost impossible to find this idler wheel where I am so the closest I can get is a 135mm with the correct bearing.
The rear idler wheel uses a 165mm with the same bearing but we don't need to think about this one for the time being.
If I was go up to a 141mm idler, the bearing is totally different so my best option here is the 135mm for a replacement. In case you need to know why I need a replacement and don't just change the bearing out, well the rubber is gone on half the wheel.

My question is, will the 4mm difference in the idler (135 vs factory 139) be that much of a difference on the sliders if I use a smaller size? Will the sliders wear out faster because the track clips will be that much closer to the rail? Would this affect anything else that'll wear down faster than it should?

A guy at a place here said that some will just run it with only the one idler but I'd rather have two if the sled came with two to begin with.

Thanks, and I look forward to what you guys have to say here.

G.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
139-135 = 4 mm (on the diameter), but you divide that by 2. 4mm/2 = 2 mm (radius) like kccats said. You won't notice a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts