Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few Polaris skids in my yard and a 133.5" track. I'm trying to figure out if any of the skids I have will work.

Wondering if someone with a 90's XLT that has the 133.5 (or 133) could simply measure the length of the rails. From front tip to back tip. Doesn't have to be precise, within an inch or two would be fine. Skids I have vary in length by at least 4" each.

·
Registered
885 Posts
my 95 XLT 133.5 skid is roughly 54 inches. The Xtra 10 (133.5) or ITS 1993 one year suspension (133.5) may have different length rails, do you need those also?

·
Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
545 Posts
I'd agree on that measurement. My sliders themselves are about 51" cut on an angle at the back, so if going to the back axel it's about 53" and to the very back of the rails about 54" add on a couple of inches if including the plastic at the front of the rails going up towards the drive sprockets.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome, thanks guys. I'll get out there and dig those skids out and measure them up. I know one is an extra-10, but pretty sure it is for a short track. Came off a XCF 440.

The other two I'm pretty sure they came off of Wedge chassis machines.

·
Super Moderator
18,299 Posts
My 97 RMK was a wedge and had an xtra-10... Polaris was a confusing mess regarding suspensions around that era. My sled was a 136", but the SKS was a 133.5. So the RMK was the "big dog" with a whopping extra inch and a quarter of track on the snow. Wooo hooo! I'm sure I got stuck LOTS less with that way long track ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts