Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to do some research before asking but searching for the keywords has not been any help.

I have a 95 indy 500 with what I think are SLP skis on it. To me, they look like they are on the wrong side, meaning the widest part of the ski is on the inside turning edge of the ski. The mounting is not in the middle of the ski, it is offset by about one inch.

They are labeled with a L and R but if you look at the part number and L and R, you are facing the sled and the skis would be on the wrong side. If you are sitting on the sled, the labeling is upside down but the L and R placement of the ski is correct.

So which way is right? My handling seems to need some improvement as the skis do not really bite in it is more like the outer ski grabs and tries to flip you off the sled.
Suspension is set up tight and high in the back so most of the weight is on the skis already.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did just that today. I am going out tomorrow and will be experimenting a little to see if i can tell the difference. I didn't notice any around the house but maybe at speed or bumps it will be noticeable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did just that today. I am going out tomorrow and will be experimenting a little to see if i can tell the difference. I didn't notice any around the house but maybe at speed or bumps it will be noticeable.
What did you find out? I just got a '94 Indy 500 and i got ski's for it and I am see the same problem but I am having issues finding answer's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts