Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2002 Summit 700 that appears to be well taken care of (looked like it just came from the showroom). Not ever owning a Ski-Doo, I need some education in what the driveline should sound like.

The machine runs extremely well, clutch engages at about 3500 - 4000 rpm consistently, but when it engages the driveline seems to jump just slightly. Is this because of the RER system and of no cause for concern? Or do I have a clutch spring problem developing?

I would like some advice so I do not drive the 200 miles to the dealer for no reason.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
What do you mean by JUMP?
the belt skips up the clutch,
the secondary clutch pulls forward,
the sled itself pauses when clutch is engauged then jumps forward?

A little more info.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
check your chain tension had to adjust the one on my 01 had same problem

good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one question before I make my comment and I am speaking on behalf of my experience with my 03 700. Does the sled seem like it is slowing down when you get off the trottle a litte too rapidly? If so, when I purchased my new 03 the belt was too tight and caused the sled to drag when I let off the trottle and it would act a little jumpy when I was on the gas. If this sounds familiar, there are 3 bolts on the side of the drive clutch that you can loosen and adjust the tension of the belt by turning the plate counter clockwise. Mine had to be moved about 1/2 inch and it solved my problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts