Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sled I have is a 1995 Ski-Doo MXZ 440 LC. I have to replace the carbides on the skis. Instead of purchasing new carbides, I was thinking about buying someones plastic skis off off of their 1997-2001 MXZ sled. I was looking on ebay, and they appear to be selling for $100 for a pair of skies with decent carbides. The other thing is that my steal skis are getting a little rusty, so I thought that may clean it up. Also along with the fact that people say they like the feel of the plastic skis more.

Questions I have:
1. Do the newer Ski-Doo MXZ plastic skis fit on my sled? My spindle doesn't appear to be as wide as they newer ones. One ebay person told me that these skis spindles are 2 & 7/8 wide, but my moving some bushings, you could get 3 & 1/8. Mine look to be closer to that 2 inch range. Is it just a matter of having or adding the correct bushings, or will they just fit right from the start? Here is the eBay item I'm looking at: (2451422867)
2. What are your suggestions, would you spend $25 to $50 on new carbides for my steal skis? Or would you go to a newer plastic set like this for $100.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DOO SOME BUSHING AND SHIMMING TO GET THOSE SKIS TO WORK, I WOULD RECCOMEND FOR YOUR SLED TO TRY TO FIND SKIS FROM A '94-98 THEY HAD A PLASTIC SKI WITH STEEL BRIDGE KIT THAT WOULD FIT WITH NO MODS, OR IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY, CAMOPLAST HAS A NICE ONE PIECE
SKI THAT'S UNIVERSIAL FOR AROUND $300.00 A PAIR COMPLETE.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Thats what I thought. I've got a set of $9 carbides on ebay that I'm getting close to winning so maybe I'll just stick with my current set of skis for now. But I'll also keep my eyes open for an older set of plastics also.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts