Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take out the next best option for a spin ;) lol. I have two of these and multiple batteries. Yeah picture sucks because it is still snowing out so far we got about 6 inches of heavy wet snow. If it was that light fluffy stuff we would have had 10-12 inches easily already. Sucks on Weds rain comes through possibly then Fri another Clipper system with 2-4 inches and Sun if it all comes together correctly (one hopes!) possible 4-10 inches of snow. And me having to re-stud a snowmobile on cold concrete floor the 2nd week of Dec, change springs and put in aftermarket spring adjusters the custom ones that allow 4 positions instead of 3.

Landscape Vehicle Racing Boat Electric blue

·
Administrator
18,864 Posts
Not a snowflake in sight here.. was a really nice fall day. Good thing, the water main from the street to the meter broke in the yard, city had to come out and fix it. Glad it was them and not me ;)

Cute sled, I have a remote one that has two sets of skis... one set has wheels in 'em for asphalt. They are fun for a while, and the kids really liked playing with it many years ago. How quickly they lose interest!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah both of mine say Polaris and have a 2 sets of skis one for outside one for inside/asphalt with wheels for terrorizing the cats,lol. Mom bought these years ago one for me one for dad,lol. 2 adults getting r/c toys for christmas. I really want to buy the gas version that they sell. Guy out on the lake by my parents had one out one year. Sucker was clocked at almost 80mph on the clear ice, had studs all sorts of stupid mods, clutching you name it just like a real snowmobile.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yeah I used to be heavy into r/c stuff I had 2 of everything at one point...Airplanes, Helicopters, Boats, 4x4 truck and indy car.

This guy said he bought the kit for 600 or so then put another 400-500 into it for all the mods. He had a bigger engine something like a .98 or so, tuned pipe to match it, tuned carb to match it, different clutching and the track looked similar to ours and he had the entire thing covered in studs. When he hit 80 he let out of it and he still had a 1/4 or so more throttle. He had just put a new set of rings in and didn't want to blow it up so he was doing runs to get the rings to seat right and it ran on alcohol just like the r/c engines should.

Tbh if I can ever find one and I have the money I am picking one up. That thing just sounded wicked everyone was standing around watching must have been 10 or 11 of us on snowmobiles that stopped. He usually goes to the lake right by my parents house where we ride from and its the lake we cross to go north so hopefully will see him again and this time I will get video.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope not with the radio range they have these days. He said he could go up to a half mile away easily if not longer. Airplanes go a couple thousand feet up in the air as well when flying. Radio technology has improved on the r/c stuff in the last 25 years big time. Plus when they do end up out of radio range they just slowly coast down nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I fly a bunch of different drones, and it is safe to say the radio range is MUCH longer than you can see. Several miles on a relatively stock radio system.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep things have improved since I was flying helos and airplanes we had oh around a 3 mile range but since then they have gone up a lot. Know a couple guys overseas that own Jet Engine F-14s, F-16s and what not. Talk about FAST! Those things are so cool if I had that kind of money I would re-learn flying and buy a jet engine setup. The B-52 is even cooler the size of that thing is unreal each wing is something like 6-8 feet iirc.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well definitely going to be down for awhile. Popped out a rib on Tuesday and it popped itself back in but x-rays show massive bruising and what not. Trying to breathe, sleep or do anything is horrible and drive ugh turning does not work well!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Feeling better finally and just in time. Still have some pain but nowhere near as bad as it was during the week.

Plus the storm we are getting came down south by more then 30 miles which is exactly what I wanted to happen which set us up right in the hit zone for the heavier snow :D. So far we have since 5:45 we have down over 7 inches with snow coming down to late this afternoon/early evening. Plus more snow during the week with Mon night lows going to low single digits and highs all week at 30 so the snow should hold. Now to just get my ass over to the parental units house to work on snowmobiles,lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts