Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Yamaha nextweek to see if they will trade my Fusion for a RX Warrior,my dad might too. We both had about enough with these things. It's Polaris's worst motor yet and we decided they just aren't dependable enough for how many miles we ride a day. My dad was up in Michigan this weekend for 6 days[1,500 miles] and only put on maybe 200. It sat at a Yamaha dealer all week because the motor started acting up and he rented a old 700 SX,not good. Polaris invented some stupid stuff under the hood,especially their "plastic belt cover-air box". I blew a belt last week and it blew a hole in it,so now I had to get a new box again,who at Polaris thinks of this stuff. This sled was made for the guy who puts 50 miles on in a day,not 200. For you guys who think you have a good one,your lucky,I know mine isn't and I'm fed up with it. This motor just isn't good enough for me,when I spend $9,000 it should run like $9,000,not $4,500. I think Polaris better have their stuff straight next year with their new 600 and whatever other junk motors they are coming with. I've spent more time in the shop with this thing than ever before and all I ever had was Polaris [5 sleds] in the last 8 years. They use to be good,but I think their going backwards with their motors. Putting all their efforts into the suspensions. I never bought this thing to be the fastest guy out their,but when you buy this type of sled it should just about be the fastest,can't beat 600's. That's all.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Why not switch over to the ZR900? That will be much better then fusion, and its tried and proven!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
good choice, yamaha wont let you down, most reliable sled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want a "ditch pickle". 4 sroke sounds better. I can't complain about the ride on the Fusion,second to none,probably better than the ZR 900. Bottom line I just don't want a cat.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
why not go from slowest to fastest, Zr 900=fastest stock big bore on the market today.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
there's other factors, but i dont wanna get this one side tracked...

from what i hear, the yamaha's are very nice. i really wanna get a chance to ride one, just to try yamaha's suspension, and feel their power.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
skidoo_magoo said:
there's other factors, but i dont wanna get this one side tracked...

from what i hear, the yamaha's are very nice. i really wanna get a chance to ride one, just to try yamaha's suspension, and feel their power.
I totally have to agree that Yamaha makes an excellent TRAIL... TRAIL... TRAIL sled. If your looking to run off the trail or race... the Yamaha lineup is not the best... but if you like trail riding and dependability... I think Yamaha is a great choice.

I don't know if I have ever seen a Thread such as "My RX-1 is Broken" or anything on those lines. I am starting to think the whole Polaris Fusion is overrated (based on what people have posted about them on the forum.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't care about big bore power so much,I just want something that doesn't vibrate and has enough power to be fun. 600's are enough for me,but Polaris's 600's aren't much anymore,so I need to switch I think to get this bad feeling out of my system. The 4-stroke may be harder to ride,but I will deal with it I guess,it can't be that bad really.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sesnopro said:
why not go from slowest to fastest, Zr 900=fastest stock big bore on the market today.
I think you forgot about the new 05' SkiDoo Mach-Z 1000. Hate to break it down to you this way, but your ZR would get spanked, not to mention outhandled....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your going to trade a polaris for a YAMAHA???????What's wrong with people these days????Nothing makes sence anymore.....

"I side with Johny S."

·
Registered
570 Posts
600SE said:
Your going to trade a polaris for a YAMAHA???????What's wrong with people these days????Nothing makes sence anymore.....

"I side with Johny S."

If someone needs advice on antique snowmobiles I think that they should ask your opinion. I think if they need advive on a sled made in this millenium though you should just sit back quietly and read what the grown ups have to say.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trust me I hate the idea of switching but my last two from Polaris have not just wowed me and I'm begining to doubt their expertise. I just think it's time to move on before I get too upset with Polaris. Polaris just can't make awesome motors anymore I think. Since I put a lot of miles on in a day I think better mileage and not adding oil sounds great!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Ill tell you one thing, that new 06 Yamaha Nytro in black and yellow looks amazing!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts