Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Arctic Cat ZL 600 that I got this summer. It has half a tank of gas in it right now. I am going to put seafoam in it for the first tank.

Should I just fill it up the rest of the way with new gas and the seafoam, or should I siphon the old gas first and then add new gas and the seafoam?

Thanks

·
SUMMER SUCKS!
84 Posts
Yea I would just use the seafoam and the new gas mixd with the old. Also, where do you get seafoam? I would like to put some in my sled for the first ride

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
If it were me, I'd suck the old gas out (put it in my truck) & start with a fresh tank. Give yourself the best opportunity for success!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for all of the help. I appreciate it.

I got the seafoam at Gander Mountain. Meijer also usually has it, but there we out the last time I was there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also would remove all the old gas out of the tank and than add fresh, this new(er) gas(ethanol) that we have now days does NOT last for more than a month or two

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea I would just use the seafoam and the new gas mixd with the old. Also, where do you get seafoam? I would like to put some in my sled for the first ride
I agree. The SeaFoam works wonders. That with some new gas and you'll be fine.

You can get SeaFoam at any auto parts store. Really, just about anywhere nowadays.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it were me, I'd suck the old gas out (put it in my truck) & start with a fresh tank. Give yourself the best opportunity for success!!
I did the same... we started by just adding gas, dont do that it sucks because it didnt work! just run the old gas through your truck or something then put a fresh tank of gas with seafoam and your good to go!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anytime gas sits in my sleds for more than a month, I use a siphon and drain everything out that I can. And then I throw in iso-heet with about a gallon of race gas, and let it run.

Probably doesn't do anything beneficial, but I FEEL like it made a difference ;)

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
If the sled isn't EFI, not only drain the gas ( I use an electric fuel pump) Remove the carbs and clean them! EVERY SEASON! Best preventive maintnace you can do! A partialy pluged jet will melt down the engine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts