Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on this forum last year, but forgot my username :p
So, my question is on my 96 polaris 440 fan, can I shave the head without creating too much heat? How much would this really affect power? How much does the machine work usually cost? and how much would I want taken off? THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
96polaris440 said:
I was on this forum last year, but forgot my username :p
So, my question is on my 96 polaris 440 fan, can I shave the head without creating too much heat? How much would this really affect power? How much does the machine work usually cost? and how much would I want taken off? THANKS!
oh, and I want to know if anything else, such as pistons, need to be changed, and I want it to run on 92 pump fuel

·
710 Posts
IMO leave it alone. If you want more power, get a liquid cooled or bigger sled. Fan cooled sleds will run for ever if left stock, don't bother trying to get more power out of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i third that even no i have a 96 formula III 600 triple liquid cooled i have a set of dyno port stingers on it and its tought to ride casue it baaaaaahh then its gone it sucks in the trails its so touchy and with that shaved head it made it alot louder. to loud if i could do it again i wish i would of never touched the head on it. cant go back no but

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Would your significant other be happy if you shaved your head? I'd consider that first!

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Brittney Spears shaved her head..........didn't do much for her performance!:eek: :laugh:

·
Registered
472 Posts
vince mcmahon will be shaving his head soon when bobby lasley kicks umangas butt. lol i dont know their names my nephews watch the male soap opera's:cheeky4:

·
Registered
26,227 Posts
OK well wether you want to or not is up to you. I have done alot of work on fan and free air preformance stuff. Shaving the head alone may give you just a bit more torque but not HP! It wont make your sled louder. To do any real performance gains, on a fan, you almost have to do a complete work over to get much out. Good thing is, it will be a sleeper! I have an old 300 Enticer that will run down most 440's
PM me and I can give you a basic over lay of what needs to be done and a ball park of what it could cost!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts