Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 mach z I want to add a bunch of bogie wheels to and an old track and mod some skis to put roller wheels on them, I ride atvs in an area that has highways paced and clean open to atvs, I wouldn't ride it far because with a track I know itd get too hot, just up and down a 5 mile road to get the feeling of sledding in the sumner馃ぃ on the ck3 chassis there is a crossover tube at the back if the exchangers, I'm thinking about tapping into those and mounting a radiator to the rear bumper. If I ran and zip tied lines from the rear coolers to the front bumper to mount the radiator would that work? Looking for ideas and this is for street only no rocks or dirt

Registered
Plenty of conversions on YouTube

Registered
Welcome
My 95 ZRT is set up to race asphalt!
No need to add extra wheels just remove the hfax and install a slick!
Skis have wheels in them!
There are a lot of sleds that Drag race!

Registered
Any ET's worth bragging about? I have the quickest Honda V65 in the country at 7.54 @95 in the 1/8th. Most of the sleds smoke me lol.

Registered
The Guy ahead of me turned in a 156 run and you should have seen him yanking on the bars to keep it in the groove! Wild!

Super Moderator
Are you also changing out your rear suspension? The hyfax/track clips depend on snow for lubrication. Asphalt racers change out their suspension for a total bogey wheel suspension that does not rely on snow for cooling. Without changing the suspension, the track clips will get hot enough to melt the hyfax and as soon as you stop, the melted hyfax will lock up the track. You mentioned adding bogey wheels, but even then if you have the hyfax/rail type of suspension, there will be issues.

Like Cadillac said, maybe a motorcycle radiator and fan and some good fabrication skills could get enough coolant flow to keep the engine safe. I would definitely add a temp gauge so you can tell if your efforts are adequate to keep from overheating before you damage the engine...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you also changing out your rear suspension? The hyfax/track clips depend on snow for lubrication. Asphalt racers change out their suspension for a total bogey wheel suspension that does not rely on snow for cooling. Without changing the suspension, the track clips will get hot enough to melt the hyfax and as soon as you stop, the melted hyfax will lock up the track. You mentioned adding bogey wheels, but even then if you have the hyfax/rail type of suspension, there will be issues.

Like Cadillac said, maybe a motorcycle radiator and fan and some good fabrication skills could get enough coolant flow to keep the engine safe. I would definitely add a temp gauge so you can tell if your efforts are adequate to keep from overheating before you damage the engine...
Sled has a accurate factory gauge fortunately that makes it easier I was talking to a guy who runs his in a field in the summer says he puts fluid film on the track clips, with enough wheels and lubrication I wonder if itd be ok

Registered
Way back in the day we would just plumb in a drip line to the front of hyfax and lube with dish soap!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts