Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seney and surrounding areas have at least 3' of snow, we looped down to Manistque and back up to Munising and all the trails were great on Fri. I've noticed 60% less traffic this year all due to the fact MI has snow everywhere. There was a death in the trail 5 mi from our cabin, 2 guys were following each other and the lead gut hit a ridge of snow ( the trail has 3 or 4' sides and some guys climb that 4' verticle and hammer it when they get to the top, therefore roosting a bunch of snow on the trail creating the ridge ) and fell off his machine and his brother ran into him. Bad, Bad deal. It can happen anywhere ( death ), work, cars, walking on the sidewalk, sleeping, roller coasters ect... I didn't post this for members to rant about the snow ridge because I'm guilty of doing the samething, reason for the post is so we can give a quick prayer for the families. shane

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey Shane, I know I piped up in the general forums with me interested in doing a Michigan trip. BUT... Thanks to work I will not be able to get enough days off to make the trip worth while.

Sorry man!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost 6' of snow on the level at the cabin! We'll be riding until mid April with a little luck. PM me if anyone would like to go play. shane

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
Damn, Shane, that sounds sweet. I missed out on this weekend, my ride to Gaylord fell though. He had something come up with his business and ended up having to spend all day thursday and most of friday in a bank. Someone wrote him a bad check for his services and he had to get that taken care of. I had my sled all back together ready to go, too. Oh well, some things are more important, right?

I know we are going this weekend, but I don't know where yet. My soon-to-be father-in-law took his sleds to his cabin on Drummond Island this past weekend and said it was perfect up there, about 2 feet of powder. But, that's about a six or 7 hour drive for us depending on weather and traffic. Gaylord is only 3 hours and they got another foot this weekend, so we may be riding Gaylord, but we haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got over 12" of new snow at the cabin this weekend, I'm riding untill there is no more snow. As the snow level gets bad in the typical places ( Town, roads ect... ) we ride an area called the "Kingston Plains", I've got a 100 gallon transfer tank and I put it in the back of my truck so no need to go to town for fuel. There's room for more this weekend if interested. shane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts