Snowmobile Forum banner

Seeking Help - 1999 Polaris Indy 340 Deluxe

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kccats 
#1 ·
I have an older model 1999 polaris indy 340 deluxe that needs a rear shock Im having real trouble locating this part. Do anyone know if the shock from other models of snowmobiles would fit this machine. Sincerely appreciate any help I can get. Thanks .... Joan

#2 ·
The rear shock was only used on the Indy 340 and the Trail in that year. Finding an exact matching number shock may be an issue. You may have to pull the shock and take measurements of the shock fully compressed and fully extended and see if you can get a similar shock that has those dimensions.

Here's a link to a different forum with the same issue, same part number, also not available... it may prove a good read.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
The rear shock was only used on the Indy 340 and the Trail in that year. Finding an exact matching number shock may be an issue. You may have to pull the shock and take measurements of the shock fully compressed and fully extended and see if you can get a similar shock that has those dimensions.

Here's a link to a different forum with the same issue, same part number, also not available... it may prove a good read.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks very much Dan. appreciated

#4 ·
I had the same issue with my 1998 Polaris Indy Lite Deluxe. The shock I took off was stamped with T70422SA and 7041665. I understand this may have been changed to 7041739 per some threads I found online. I can't verify that. I spent hours trying to find a replacement and even ordered some automotive shocks I thought might work. I finally found a Skidoo shock that worked well. I put it alongside the original Polaris shock and it extended to exactly the same length (21 3/8"). I just put it on my sled a few minutes ago. The width of the top and bottom of the bolt-on portions of the shock are a bit narrower but can easily be adapted with spacers (mainly on the bottom). The top bolt hole is smaller. I used a 5/16" bolt. The Skidoo shock as listed on my order from Motomentum is 2FastMoto SKI-DOO Snowmobile Rear Slide Suspension Gas Shock Absorber 04-292N7. Delivered it was $85.99.

It worked great and really stiffened the sled's suspension. I truly hope this helps somebody as I have way too much time into this venture and hope nobody else has to go through that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.