Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to all things snowmobile. I recently bought a 1971 Polaris for $100. I have got it running but need to get the secondary clutch off. I need it off to get the chaincase cover off to access the brake. I can't seem to get it. Tried heat etc. Do I need some kind of puller? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Wow never in my life have I seen one like that not even my dad who was standing here said nope and he owned snowmobiles back in then. Also check out that vintage place someone there may even have new old stock for that snowmobile.

·
Super Moderator
157 Posts
Yep, that was design in 1971. I had a 72' Skidoo Nordic 440e. It was the first one with Slide rails. And they were articulated in the center. That sled did ride well though and did not have any shocks in the suspension at all. The rear rode well, the front was typical leaf spring bounce over the bumps. I mostly rode that sled at our family farm. It was fun for it's time in 1982 or so as i bought it used broken from a guy a hill over. I told him the only way I'd buy was if he would help get it running. I fixed the fuel lines and readjusted the Tilly carb a little and off i went ! 160 bucks cash lol

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts