Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well can you even get the bolt off? Take off the bolt. Remeber how the spacer washers come off. Apply the park break and pull on the clutch. Must just be stuck. Use a pry bar if need be. you won't damage anything. Most secoundarys come right off. weird

dano

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I got the bolt out as well as the lock washer and a big washer and a stud insert. But darn clutch wont come off.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
squirt some wd40 in there, its just stuck on, like dano said.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just putting mine back together after going through the same thing. Had to open the chaincase to unbolt the other end of the shaft and pull the whole thing out. Took it to my buddy's 20 ton press and it came right out of there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had many clutches stuck in the past, used heat on some and pressed the other, when reassembling the clutch to the jackshaft, put a small amount of antiseeze on the shaft. This will prevent it sticking in the future. It works!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arctic Cat make s a secondary clutch puller. We use it quite extensively in our shop to remove stubborn secondary clutches. This is the best way to remove this clutch. Why Cat does not put antisieze on during assembly is beyond me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts