Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My secondary clutch is sticking and needs to be cleaned. If I take out the eight torx screws, will that plate come off without anything else blowing out at me?

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok ur taking the ones out on the back side right? thats the helix side.. nothing will fly out at u.. u will have to use a arbor press to compress the spring if u want to take it all way apart.. it is under a good amount of pressure.. they make a tool for it but i didnt have it. to get the helix out just work it back and forth a little.. it should just slide out.. if not try a regular screw driver to easy it up just be careful not to damage anything.. good luck.. hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
The torx screws can be a bugger, use good quality bits. A hammer impact driver is also sometimes necessary, or a little heat to break the loctite. It's common to strip the torx heads.

The helix often needs gentle persuasion, I use a dead-blow hammer to tap it. Like 05xcsp said, nothing comes out at you. Removing the helix will give you access to the roller and spring area, but you won't be able to separate the sheaves until you remove the c-clip. I use a clutch press from SLP, it works pretty slick. You will need to get the Team adapters for their regular press. A good set of correctly sized c-clip plyers is nice, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts