Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i just got a 92 rxl 650 last weekend. it starts up easy and runs but it was really boggie and wouldent hardly move. it has spark 2 all 3 cilinders and has new plygs. but i pulled top of air box off and the cilinder the farthest from the clutch side is throwin fuel mix into air box. ANY IDEAS WHAT MIGHT B WRONG? THANKS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do u mean by cold? i dont wana runn it long if theirs somting wrong but i have switched plugs around among cilinders and still nothing. i can hold throttle and it just boggs down most of time i went a lap round our trees and it wouldent go more than probly 5 mph

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idk about the cold plugs but ill check it out tomarow and how will i b able 2 tell if it has any codes flashing?.............and thanks to everyone tryin 2 help

·
Registered
54 Posts
The black module on top, there is a light that will flash on the side. I dont have my manual with me but you can search for flash codes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
don't believe that motor has reeds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well problem solved. it ran then just quit compleatly lastnight. so i started testin everything and the new battery was low even tho it was charged and put in friday. so i charged it did a load test and had a bad cell. it runs like a dream now. id like 2 thank every one for helpin out and givin me ideas of what coulda been wrong. Thanks Again it was greatly apprechated

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good to hear, these efi's need full charge to run.

Did you check to see how much the charging voltage is? When I test mine I only get about 12.90 volts, which should be enough to keep the battery charged, hopefully.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts