Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing tracks, but for the life of me I cant get the disk brake off infront of the chaincase.

Any special tricks or is it just seized?
The caliper removed easily and the parking brake came off (having to cold punch one of the stripped allen heads)

Theres a little torx screw on a collar behind the disk, but with that loosened it still wouldnt budge.

Any suggestions?

Gear puller?

Thanks

2003 RX1 ER

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
probably just stuck on there. a few hits with a rubber mallet directed more so towards the hub will probably break it loose. watch for the keyway, they like to fall and disappear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yamadad
I was able to get the disc off. now im having problems seperating the chaincase. Ive undone all 6 bolts and am starting to get some chain oil leaking out the bottom, but I cant get the two pieces apart. I dont want to use alot of force incase theres something that could break (and believe me, the way its going, I would break it!!!).

Any more tips?

P.S. Im quite upset with the service manual i bought for it. definetly lacking in details and explinations! anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
its just a rubber, reusable gasket on the 2 halves of the case. if all the bolts are removed, it should just come right off. tap it sideways with a rubber mallet.

did you remove the drain bolt and drain the chaincase? if not, your in for a mess. inside the tunnel behind the chaincase area is a 12mm head bolt with a distinguishable copper sealing gasket/washer.

are you using the yamaha manual?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts