Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was out riding today and was bombing down a lake on my VMax 600. I was probably doing like 80 or so and she suddenly lost muscle. I came to a stop and its idling low and sounded like it was on one cylinder. I figured I fouled plug. I changed both plugs for good measure and started it up; still ran on one cylinder. I took both plugs out and connected them to the wires. I am getting little, sometimes no spark at all on the cylinder furthest from the clutch. What should I replace first? Wire caps? Wires? Coil? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm guessing coil.my sled sat for a year ,and then would start but had spark.so i changed the coil and when i did it started first pull.i'm just guessing soo...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As it turns out, it had spark. It was just to bright to be able to see the plug fire. Unfortunatley, what had happened was I blew the rings on that cylinder. When that happened it scored the hell out of the cylinder walls and the heads. It is going to cost more money than I want to spend on a sled that I was going to sell this summer anyway in order to buy a newer one. If anyone is interested I am parting out the sled (has a fairly new M10 suspension) in this thread:
http://www.snowmobileforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=6296

Thanks for your help anyway guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts