Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 polaris edge x 600. Ok here is one for you. Originally I thought the head gasket seals were no good which was causing the anti freeze to spit out of the over flow tube. But I have changed all the seals on the top and bottom half of the motor. Now when I start it up and it warms up it is over heating. Or what i believe to be over heating. The only thing is the temp light is not coming on. The anit freeze is coming right out of the over flow tube again. Any help why this is happening.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sounds like you may have a air pocket in your coolant system. you may have to "burp" that air out. I would bet small engine guy would have the best way to do this, or maybe he could give you another suggestion on the diagnosis.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
To get the air out of the heat exchanger, you need to lift the front of the sled way up and run it for a few. That usually does it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new problem

Well i have gotten the air bleed out of the system. But now after you run it even for a few minutes it starts to run hot. It is almost like the thermostat is not working properly. I am not even sure if it has a thermostat. There was plenty of snow on the coolers and even so it was heating way up. The steam was coming out the bottle. So what would case this to heat up like this.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I just have a question, did you buy this sled use and if thats a yeas where abouts in Maine did you buy it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts