Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Against my better judgment I purchased a Sno-Stuff silencer for my brand new 600 HO Adrenilene. Will I need to Re-Jet?? I hope not
Thanks

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
no, you will not be disapointed, they sound sweet. they are worth every cent.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You won't be disapointed. You will be able to get any trail in town closed with the obnoxious sound that comes out of your sled. I really enjoy trying to keep the trail system open so that morons can go out with loud pipes and get them closed. Thankyou for your selfishness!

·
Registered
570 Posts
With people like you out on the trail I might as well sell my sled. You guys with pipes are ruining it for the rest of us by getting a lot of the trails closed. I'm glad you are content with being ignorant and selfish.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Vector,

you might as well just shut your mouth, every time someone says anthing about a can or pipes you cry your little heart out. do you think that what you are saying will detur anyone form buying a can or pipes. no STFU

pro x
I had a sno stuff can on my old sled and they sound sweet.
one of my friens put one on the same sled and it sounds sweet to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SESNOPRO - I always like the sound of modified exaust, car, sled, waverunner, ect, ect, ect. I understand the other point of view but I am always minful of land owners and a silencer at low rpm's is not a heck of alot louder than stocl exhaust. Hell, I rode a friends all stock 98 Arctic Cat ZR 580 last winter and that was louder than most piped sleds I have heard.

·
Registered
570 Posts
sesnopro said:
Vector,

you might as well just shut your mouth, every time someone says anthing about a can or pipes you cry your little heart out. do you think that what you are saying will detur anyone form buying a can or pipes. no STFU

I wish you knew the damage that you and others like you are doing to the sport. Unfortunately as the saying goes "Ignorance is bliss". You must be a VERY happy person. I'm sorry that you can't grasp the concept that the trail system that you ride on is a privlege and not a right. The landowners deserve respect for there generousity. If you hate the landowners that much why don't you just get off your sled and take a DUMP on there front lawn while your waking them up in the middle of the night. That will leave no doubt in their minds of how little respect that you have for them.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
I have respect for land owners, just no respect for you.

sell your sled we dont want you around anyways.

·
Registered
570 Posts
sesnopro said:
I have respect for land owners, just no respect for you.

sell your sled we dont want you around anyways.

If I can convince one person not to put a noisemaker on their sled then it is worth it. What do you mean WE don't want you around? Do you have a mouse in your pocket or do you talk about yourself in third person?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
tryin to to stop sledder on sledder violence. you how ever will go of like a fire alarm everytime some one says anything about pipes. its getting kinda anoying.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yea seriously, u don't have to cry everytime someone says, I'm putting an aftermarket exhaust on my sled. my sis has a yamaha 700 triple with a straight rumble pack on it. its super loud, but i don't care. and guess what?? nobody else around here seems to either. maybe where u come from everyone's all up tight about keeping things quiet, but if thats the case, u shouldn't have sleds.they don't belong in a place where people are gonna get mad if they're loud.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It must be great to be so ignorant of the biggest problem facing snowmobiling. I can guarantee that you guys aren't in a club so I couldn't expect you to know that it is a problem. I'm just really impressed buy how proud you guys are of being Total Jerks! Snowmobiling really needs more people like you. Thank you for not caring about all of the time and effort that other snowmobilers put in to keep the trails open for you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
actualy i am a member of V.A.S.T. and i help maintain the trails. i think u just have a problem with loud sled cause nobody else seems to.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
vector all you do is compain about pipes. and you know that it really doesnt make them that much louder, it just changes the way they sound. And if you think there is a group of guys out riding, do you think that about 10 more dicibles are going to make a difference. You are being the iggnorant jerk by being so uptight. put your trails in the ditch that way people can not say anything, it not their land its the states or the countys.

·
Registered
570 Posts
firecat21 said:
actualy i am a member of V.A.S.T. and i help maintain the trails. i think u just have a problem with loud sled cause nobody else seems to.

Everybody who has a sled registered in Vermont is a member of V.A.S.T. so big deal. Just realize that pipes cause problems. Just remember that in Vermont for every person that snowmobile there are probably 100 tree huggers who can't stand them. A lot of people hate snowmobiles, don't give them one more reason to hate them.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hey vecter, if pipes are such a problem in your area then disclose
where your trails are located and the people who run pipes, cans or what ever can spend their money elsewhere. I don't use aftermarket pipes or cans but i have heard STOCK exhaust systems that are louder the aftermarket. I would bet the problems you are having with trail access is deeper than the pipe issue but that seems to be the only thing you gripe about, and before you start telling me that people who don't participate in club functions have no clue as to whats involved, i am a member of two local clubs,however my job prevents me from "getting involved" i go to meetings and help out when i can. we have alot of sled traffic and we have our problems but our problems are more related to riders not staying on the trails and not so much pipes most of our trails are in rural areas not residential. the way you describe your trails and problems you must have your trails in a retirement community. do you have a bingo night too? I don't really care for the sound cans make but as long as they keep it quiet when it has to be no big deal, you act
like everyone who has a piped sled is out there is not responsable enough to to be respectable of others sure there are a few bad apples who don't care but i would bet that most owners know there is a time or a place to be quiet. if they don't then it's their ticket,which in our area is about $350, if the people in your area are sooooooo pissed at loud sleds what do they do in summer with all the harleys and crotch rockets and the kids with their boom box radios in their cars. i hear more of that crap in the summer than i do hear piped sleds in the winter and i live VERY close to the local trail. if noise is that much of a problem then they should close their windows, it would muffle the noise and keep their heating bill lower. i live in a residential area and i have to come and go quietly and have never heard a complaint from my neighbors about loud sleds on the local trail they complain more about hearing CSX locomotives turbo chargers whining at all hours of the night on the mainline 3/4 of a mile away(trail is 200yds away)

sorry folks for the novel but have heard enough

·
Registered
570 Posts
The problems are in the counties of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison. There is a major corridor trail closure 2 miles south of Utica, NY. What was the landowners reason for shutting the trail down? You guessed it, loud pipes waking him up at 1 or 2 in the morning. You can't compare a train or a Harley to snowmobiles with pipes. Why you ask? Because trains and Harleys travel on a right of way that they can use without permission. Are Harleys offensive? Yes, but no one can shut the highway down because of them. Snowmobile trails on the other hand are on private land and we rely on the landowners generousity to keep them open.
01MXZ800, you are not the problem. You actually join the clubs in your area. In NYS only about 10 or 15% even join clubs. That 85 - 90% of snowmobilers are the problem. To I go overboard on the pipe issue? Maybe, but if I can get the message out there then it is worth it. I don't really care if a few jerks with pipes don't like me for it. People don't realize how fragile the trail system is. It only takes one upset landowner to close down an entire corridor. If there only request is no pipes then how is that too much to ask? Quiet sleds also make a better impression on the non-snowmobiling public too. All that I ask is that people join a club and spend the money that would go towards Pipes and Cans on studs or clutching or reeds. Just keep it quiet so that we can keep our trails.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts