Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Forum,
Unfortunately I have a big problem with my Skidoo Rev 800. Until a few days ago i still had the problem that the snowmobile didn‘t turn more than 4000RPM when it was under load after a short drive (see video below). The sled generally didn‘t spin up nicely and drove a maximum of 60 kph. When I renew the belt, I suddenly came to 110 kph with about 8500RPM. Unfortunately, the fun was over after a short time and I couldn‘t go over 6000RPM or 60 kph. After a short break the snowmobile went like hell again. The belt clickers are all set to three. The 2 cylinders have a compression of 140PSI.
I hope you can help me.
kind regards

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
You need BUDS to tell you what is wrong. It is going into Limp-mode, which is generally overheating issue, but it should give you beeps as well. So something else is throwing it into limp mode. BUDS or CANDoo are the scanners that tell you what is happening. My guess is the exhaust valves are not opening properly or your injector(s) are having issues.
Dealer and Performance shops up here charge $50-120. Just depends on what they find and if it can be corrected with just the computer. Just getting codes is typically $50-70 depending on the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts