Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if the Rotax sea doo motors have a crankcase drain? Got water in mine now it'll onle run for 15 seconds then sucks up more water.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it'll run on one, esp with the water in it.. It won't run on two lol. Ill try it tomarrow thanks G, how many miles you end up puttin on the 570 this year?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
not sure, but I think about 1100 :)
- not too shabby considering it only gets driven on weekends :)

eh....maybe try drying off your plugs too, my buddy barbequed his plugs! got em nice and dry....sort of funny though :D

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Take the plugs out and crank it over 15 to 20 seconds at a time. Eventually all of the water will work it's way through the motor. Then you will be able to run it and get the rest out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats what I did today, It's going in the water tomorrow after work and I'll have one of my buddys follow me with a rope. ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Im not really sure. Right when we dropped it in the water it ran great, then it started boggin and ****. Then it died. Then I kept gettin it started and it would do the same thing. I put the gas on res. went on that for a while at bogging speeds, then it just picked up and went and by that time it was getting dark so I just brought er in. and havnt messed with it sine

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Sounds like you got water in the fuel system also (Fuel tank, lines, etc.) You'll probably need to drain the tank and refill, as well as make sure the airbox is clean. Good luck, hope it works out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gas tanks chillen on my porch fillen with a little rain ;+). What do you suggest I wash the tank out with.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Shake it out the best you can. Then just leave the cap off and get the air to it. Eventually the water will evaporate. Try to put it in the sun if possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts