Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looks at the Camoplast skis for my 06 RMK 700 and really liked them as well as the price tag. After looking deeper into the mounts I found out that they will not work with my sled.

So few questions here. Has anyone bought these universal skis and just used different mounts? Maybe even the OEM mounts?

Second question....what other brands do you guys recommend for a set of skis on a poor mans budget? Those Camoplast all terrain's were a great fit, 7" wide with 6" carbides and mounts for $212. I'd like to stay around that range if I could.

Oh and riding style 70% powder 30% trail (usually just because that's how long it takes to get to the powder:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
i know they are pricey unless you can find a used set in good shape but i love my simmons. they are the first gen not the big wide second gen. i have seen a few used pairs for between 150 and 200 bucks. i ride all the powder i can, like you said just enough road to get to the powder. i know of alot of people who also like the gripper skis that came stock on a few years. im not positive of all the years they were on but i do know like 08-10 rmk's for sure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so my buddy hooked me up with a set of SLP powder pro skis, carbides, brackets/hardware and ski loops for about $300. (and 2nd day air shipping for free) I wasn't looking at SLP as I wanted to stay around the $200 mark but for that price I couldn't afford not to do it. :)

I'm going to put them on tomorrow and will update you all on Sunday/Monday how they do in powder.

Oh and for anyone that is in need of a pair I'll get you in touch with him, I'm sure he'll extend that pricing to "friends". :) He's a dealer for a few brands of things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.